Monday, August 20, 2012

Dinner tonight

Had a weigh in today at Medifast. I am down to 158 lbs. 23 pounds gone!! I am now out of the obese category and into "overweight" My BMI is now 29. My BMI was 32.8 in the beginning. That's pretty good.

While My goal weight is still overweight for my frame I picked this goal as something I felt that I could reasonably maintain. And I felt and looked good at this weight. I still feel that way. I am feeling pretty good these days as far as my body goes. and I am 7 lbs away from my goal. Yay!!!

I am putting dinner in the crock pot for tonight. Well, I'm prepping right at the moment. For dinner tonight it is Lean Hot Turkey Saugage with Peppers and onions.

1 package of 5 Jennie-O Hot Italian Turkey Sausage
1 each, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow pepper.
1 large sweet onion
1 cup dry red, dry white or whatever wine you like. (or water)
1 slow cooker. (large one works best)

Chop the tops off of each of the bell peppers (share them with your dogs if you like, because that's what I do. They love them)

Clean and devane the peppers.

Cut each pepper in half longwise.

cut each of the halfs into strips. (I usually cut them across the width instead of the length) Set aside

Take the onion, de-paper cut in half and them cut each half into quarters and then peel the onion layers and place them in a crockpot.
.
Place pepper over the onion already in the crock pot.

Brown sausage on all sides on medium heat in a large skillet.

Move sausage to crockpot placing them on top of veggie pile.

Pour all the wine or the water over contents of the pot.

Set to low.

Cooks in 4-5 hours on low.

Serve with on sandwich roles or On Butterhead lettuce leaves (for a low carb option) with deli mustard.

Enjoy!!

If you have a larger family you can obviously increase the amount of each pepper and onion and sausages. You can also sub chicken sausage which you can get already cooked and place in the crockpot in the last 35 minutes to heat them up or do them in a pan.

Jennie-O Sausage
(per link)

Calories: 160
Total fat: 10g
Saturated fat: 2.5mg
Cholesterol: 70mg
Sodium: 880mg
Total Carb: 0
Dietary Fiber: 0
Sugars: 0
Protein: 17g

No comments:

Post a Comment