Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 2

I really felt like crap last night until we had an actual dinner with real food. We had catfish, eggplant, and a tomato/ pepper salad. It was delicious and it really revived my brain and helped me into a better mood too. For "dessert" or my 5th meal I had a chocolate brownie. It was a less sweet chocolate than I am used to with traditional chocolate brownies.

Tip: eat it from the tray or remove it immediately from the tray when done baking.

I cooked mine in my toaster oven. You are supposed to bake for 18-20 minutes (or you can microwave for less time) but I baked mine for only 15 due to the small oven space and it came out perfect. Of course, I let it stand as the instructions say, and it broke when I took it put of the tray. I think next time I'll remove it promptly or eat from the tray.

This morning I was actually not hungry which I was very surprised about. But I ate. I ate the Medifast chocolate chip pancakes.

Tip: do the five shakes and then take the metal wire ball out and stir to get the chocolate chips and the dry lumps at the bottom to mix in.

Tip: hold the flip lid on your shaker while shaking!

I lost some of my pancake mix due to the top flying open. In addition the chocolate chips ended up on one pancake.

I am very used to slathering on the butter on my pancakes so eating without butter was strange. It didn't taste bad without butter and wasn't too dry.

For mid morning snack I had the Medifast Hot chocolate. That was really good. I did the "Viennese" recipe which includes a half teaspoon of cinnamon and a quarter teaspoon of vanilla extract. Delicious and warm.

Tip: boil the water just like you were preparing real powdered hot chocolate. The microwave method is flawed. Stir well after pouring hot water until the lumps are gone. Enjoy.

I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday so far. I decided to wait 45 minutes to an hour to drink water after eating so I don't wash out what I've eaten. I dot really know if this has any medical basis for that but I am trying it.

Tonight, we are out to dinner with friends. We are going to NBA City at Citywalk and thank god for the Internet because I am able to pick my meal before hand because they post their menu online.

No comments:

Post a Comment