Thursday, May 24, 2012

A new endeavor in weightloss- Day 1

Today I started the Medifast weight loss plan with my husband.  We went last night for orientation and weigh in and then we had a "last supper" (at least for the next 10 weeks) at Macaroni Grill.  We lived it up.  Wine, pasta, bread, meatballs, etc.  So today I start eating the medifast way.

So this is my first day.  I've had my first "meal,"- Oatmeal with maple and brown sugar.
The directions are simple.  Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup cold water, microwave on High for 1.5-2 minutes.  Allow to stand for desired thickness.  I did this.  Here is what I thought:

  • I should have stirred the stuff after adding the water but prior to microwaving as I had lumps of dried powder after microwaving.  
  • taste: oatmeal with nothing in it.  Not terrible but not overwhelmingly tasty.
I am doing this for my health.  I am 41 years old and 181.6 lbs and 47% of my weight is  body fat apparently. .That is not good.  I don't  have enough muscle to fat ratio. This puts me at risk for so many problems such as diabetes, heart disease, etc. I am unhealthy. I am uncomfortable most of the time.  I can't eat without feeling fat and bloated and I am uncomfortable in my clothes. Not to mention my confidence is waning.

So what does this mean?  I need to lose at least 30lbs and build up muscle.  However, I am not allowed to do any vigorious exercise in the first two weeks due to lower carb content of the diet.  I will experience Ketosis- a  state of elevated levels of ketone bodies in the body.

I have called my doctor to ask aobut the metformin I take as to whether the dose is okay for me or not now that I am on a low glycemic diet. I await her call back which will probably take all day.  I will watch myself for signs of hypoglycemia as the day progresses.

This blog with journal my weight loss journey, review the foods of medifast among other things. I invite other users of Medifast and other ladies on the weight loss journey to follow and share their experiences with me.

I will probably post a lot on this first day.

So.......

This weeks Weight: 181.6 
My weight loss goal is 150 lbs  (31 lbs)
My goal line is July 27th (set by medifast not me) 

No comments:

Post a Comment